Fashion Week Review

Hey guys! So I know fashion week was a while ago but I’ve been wanting to post a review of my favourite looks from my favourite shows from the four main fashion weeks, for anyone who’s missed out and has not seen the shows. They were absolutely brilliant and I’m excited to see where fashion trends are headed in seasons to come xo

DKNY F/W16 at New York Fashion Week



This show was amazing. I loved the detached and informal take on professional work wear elements such as pinstripes and white collars. DKNY also brought in that 90s grunge and “logomania” with gorgeous dark silk elements, baggy clothing and of course their brilliant spin in the letters ‘DKNY’ on the models sweatshirts at the end of the show- I need to get my hands on one of those sweatshirts!

DRIES VAN NOTEN F/W 16 at Paris Fashion Week




I raved about this collection! For me this collection reminded me of a preppy Marylin Manson (in the most fashionable way possible of course). The fur chokers, the silk, the preppy prints, the animal print all flowed together in the most artistic way.

VETEMENTS F/W 16 at Paris Fashion Week



“May the bridges I burn light the way.” I absolutely loved this show, particularly because the clothing was more wearable and street style inspired. Vetements is a smaller and new house but has been getting a lot of recognition recently, especially on social media. They really went big with the thigh high boots and gigantic flannels, I found the collection to be quite representative of what I think a lot of teenagers would wear, which is great.

BALENCIAGA  F/W 16 at Paris Fashion Week



 This show was beautiful from start to finish. I’m obsessed with the kind of “Just threw this on” take on very tailored pieces like the shirts. The tailoring and shape on the trench coats and suits is very unique and I loved how the models were sent down the runway with the garments just off the shoulder. I would wear any of the looks in a heartbeat.

CHLOE F/W 16 at Milan Fashion Week





I only watched this show fairly recently and I loved it!I loved the 60s inspired scarves, definitely a trend I want to explore more. Some of the flowy pieces with the boots reminded me of medieval peasant fashion, obviously in the best way possible. There were also very soft and feminine looks juxtaposed with some really laid-back and grungy pieces. 10/10

VALENTINO F/W 16 Milan Fashion Week



This collection was so whimsical. It reminded me of ballerina fairies (not a thing but whatever). I loved the juxtaposition of the soft dusty pink and nude colours with deep blues and blacks. The fluidity of the garments on the runway was beautiful, as well as the geometric patterns.The designers conveyed a great story overall.

MARC JACOBS F/W 16 at New York Fashion Week






“Thank God for Marc Jacobs,” said Vogue online and I couldn’t agree more. Many people agree that many NYFW shows were not as exciting as anticipated but Marc Jacobs truly delivered and really gave us a dramatic show. The models adorned with very oversized and dark coloured clothing towered above everyone in monstrously high platforms. So many different patterns, textures and styles were brought into the show and it was outstanding.

Thanks a lot for reading and staying informed on the fashion world! For more information these shows and to see more collections go to vogue.com/fashion-shows and also please let me know which of the collections I showed was your favourite and want else you want to see on my blog.
xxx

Comments

Popular Posts